Hot Rod Forum banner

orig. shelby scoops?

751 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  KULTULZ 
#1 ·
I have a '68 Mustang GT with shelby side scoops. When I bought it years ago, I was told the scoops were ordered from the factory. I never gave it another thought, but now I'm putting it up for sale, and understand the importance of what is original and what is not. I've ordered a build sheet from Ford, but it will take awhile. I was told that I was the third owner. The paint is original, with no signs of body work. Does anyone know if it was possible to order factory shelby scoops? The last number on the door is G5, to which an internet decoder responded "special order unit G5," whatever that is. Thanks.

#2 ·
Are you talking about the upper or lower scoops? Is the car a fastback or hdtp? These scoops were available over the counter as well as repro now.

If lower and a hdtp, it may be possible the car is a California Special (Or High Country) with the stripe kits removed. Does it have a spoiler on the deck lid and quarter extensions?

You will most likely have to wait for the report from FORD to see if it breaks down the G5 DSO Code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.