Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Original 350 or crate?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 03:00 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Blueprint engine quality

I hate to be bah humbug here but I would really question the workmanship of the Blueprint engines. I would hate to have folks go through what I went through with the last two 383 TBI engines that I received from them Both within 2000 miles were sent back both averaging about a quart of oil every 400 miles. It was quite obvious what the problem was you could wiggle the valves in the valve guides. The staff there was very unhelpful and kept running me through all these bogus diagnostic tests. In the end I learned my lesson after having to pay all that freight back and forth to just go with a local and reputable machine shop. Although I did get one replacement engine it was just as bad as the first after I told them they are going to have the same issues if they sell engines with heads that have .007 play between valve and valve guide. Unfortunately on the second engine I just got fed up and put Trick flow heads until i flattened the cam