Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Original 350 or crate?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
I dont understand how a crate engine could have worn valve guides?
I see a lot of crate engines come with all brand new parts,including blocks. I understand some are better than others. I also understand price counts too.(no free lunch) My friend John Graham purchased a crate 540 race engine and it came to his shop exactly as advertised.He races in Calgary and is a well know 9.90 racer.

Maybe the economy engines are more of a problem? I tell people that a stock engine is not that much cheaper than high performance. A new cam is the same price if its small or large,new springs are the same price,etc,,, a square block is the same price for stock as race. I expect a g note on machining and I balance all but the cheapest engines.
I think they are talking about gm performance blueprint engines as a brand. Gm rebuilds used engine and is supposed to restore them to blueprint standards. Its a sad joke they are junk and cost a pile of cash. I think some one assumed you said to buy blueprint engine not blueprint the engine itself.

And yes crate engine that are completely new from gm is awesome and well built and last like factory. Other rebuilt crate engines dont see 50k miles.