Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ospho and Cold Galv
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Heres a couple things I noticed right off;
Thats going to be a hard piece of glass to find so if your not going to remove it then cut up some cardboard and duct tape it down so you protect it better,and your paint finish looks pretty good so cover that too...
bondo will soak up just about anything and you'll have problems getting anything to stick so clean out that old bondo...
Thats a very good wire wheel ,its one I use a lot,after the ospho drys wire wheel it again and reapply the ospho...something I do is wire wheel it while its wet....when your ready ,scuff it up good ,clean it with a wax & grease remover and prime with epoxy BEFORE using any fillers,fillers dont like to stick to ospho treated metal but epoxies stick well and fillers stick to epoxies well ...when your all done sanding, seal it all up with epoxy again...
As long as you know,those panels are wasted and need to be repaired with metal for a long lasting repair and this is just a temporary fix, its probably the best way to get the longest lasting repair you can but anything more than two years is a gift....