Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Ospho Solution..(rust removal)
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:31 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

first I layed down two strips of tape over an untouched, primed surface and pulled them off,just like I did to the treated side a few days ago.
Then,I covered the nine squares with with two strips of duct tape and pulled them both at the same time. then chiesled off the bondo.Heres the video....http://www.streetfire.net/video/adhe...pe_1994959.htm
Again , I was very surprised at just how well the epoxy stuck to untreated metal..The SPI epoxy stuck every bit as well to untreated steel as it did to the treated steel I truly thought I was going to pull the primer right off the untreated steel.As far as I can tell, so far the ospho treated steel passed the adheasion tests with flying colors,and I'm even more impressed with SPI epoxy than I was before....and I loved it before...In a couple days I'll get started on that roof and show you just what this Ospho can really do with rusted metal.BTW if there are any more suggestions for more tests please let me know.
mike O.