Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Ospho Solution..(rust removal)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Thanks again deadbodyman -- I've put together a wiki article on this topic. Here it is: Rust removal with Ospho.

Some notes:
--I'm not sure how or if to include your adhesion tests. However, I'm open to input on this issue; one option is to do a second article with adhesion tests, and link everything together.

--I've linked to the Phosphoric acid as metal pretreatment article within the Ospho article (that article now also includes a link to the Ospho article). There is also a "Criticism" section of the Ospho article that addresses the controversy at hand, and mentions the opposing viewpoint.

--Feel free to edit the article anytime: update, correct, fix, add pics and vids, etc. Anyone else should also feel free to do so. If you don't want to edit the Ospho-specific article, there is always the more general Phosphoric acid as metal pretreatment article. We also have a huge Rust article.

--Waiting on that heavy rust removal. I'm hoping you can save me some time and add it directly to the wiki.