Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Ospho Solution..(rust removal)
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtech
I'm sure it works when proper procedures are followed, it's just that guys tend not to follow them, inadvertently make a mistake, or misunderstand the procedure. That's why for most newbies, the path with the least potential problems is best. Even for professionals, usually the fewer products used results in fewer chances to make a mistake or have some kind of reaction or incompatibility.

I'm not intending disrespect to your methods, only stating my opinion.
I totally understand the point your making crash,and its with the newbie in mind I made the vids,to show how easy it really is....In all the years and all the primer and paint I've used I've never had a compatibility problem ,it works with everything ... If someone can mix 4;1;1 primer or 1;1 epoxy certainly they can pour something straight out of a bottle ,scrub it in and wipe it off ....Its as easy as using wax & grease remover but even that gets messed up by a few .....Thats why were here right? to help the hobbiest's with there car related problems........
Everyone knows you always sand before priming or painting don't they? They might get the grits wrong but everyone knows to sand for adhesion ...same here ....you always sand and scuff before priming. I think because it drys clear some people may skip the sanding part...but its important...
BTW ,I am a real life painter that makes his living with a gun ,have been for 35 yrs.I've painted everything from dump trucks to show cars ,used about every type and brand of paint and primer,so I'm not some Joe blow from down the street or some guy, bored sitting at his desk looking to stir something up ...I still get down and dirty with the old stuff too ,I dont do just the gravy work and I wont waffle back and forth depending on my mood that day.I mean what I say and I stick to it.and offer proof of what I say the rest is up to the readers.
I dont work for Skyco or own any stock in it ...I simply state the products I use ,why I use them ,Ospho just happens to be one of them ,its also the one I've used the longest .....I'm here if anyone wants to know something about it or has any trouble what so ever with it.
Sorry guys ,due to Canada's hazardous materials shipping laws its not available there,I just found out...