Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Ospho Solution..(rust removal)
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Let me say something here, first Mike (dead body man) and I are friends, we have had lunch together and went two hours and never talked about this subject, smart, as we were both packin. LOL

I like what Mike is doing here as far as trying to teach and he does a good job and that is what these forums should be for and used for.

Sort and sweet, there are probably 50 people on here that over the last few years i has told on the phone how to use Oshpo and one of my previous buried posts, I explained how i use it on small parts.

Here is a copy and paste of what I wrote that every painter should know:

*Never use a metal prep UNLESS you are fully aware of how to neutralize properly.

See what it says? My only disagreement with mike, I understand the tech says its a primer and is self neutralizing, sorry but bull.
Mike believes, the tech sheet, written for field equipment and that is a different type of paint and usage altogether.
Yes it will neutralize when it ages and you can see flash rust.

Anyways, I said my piece and won't interfere, I just hate problem phone calls and we make the same statement about soda blasting, don't use or make sure you know what and how to use it.

Mike, carry on and I will stay away.