Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Otherwise stock 305 with performance cam
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Otherwise stock 305 with performance cam

I am running a '91 chev truck 305 with a 700R4 trans in my T-bucket. Having never used a performance cam before, I was very pleasantly surprised at the increased performance with the Erson E110024 streetfighter cam. It doesn't spin the tires as easily off idle, which is a good thing, but it really comes alive immediately. No bog, even with the tight torque converter, this thing really flies. Super Stock style burnout yesterday. Brake torqued it in drive and it upshifted to 2nd with the tires burning and the front tires sliding. When I left up on the brake it just stayed in 2nd and went on down the road with the tires smoking. Very impressive for a little 305. The on road performance is very similar to what I had with the 355 with a stock cam. It pulls strong all the way up to upshift at about 5200 rpm. And the street manners are still very nice. Very glad I did the cam change. Looks like the best of both worlds to me. And now with the lockup torque converter wired up to control manually, I expect some real good cruising mileage. Thanks again for the great advice. BTW. It was almost 65 here yesterday so it was a nice day for a drive in the bucket. Merry Christmas. Allan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	'91 305 engine.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1,017.6 KB
ID:	61006