Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Otherwise stock 305 with performance cam
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 11:42 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
Thanks Mark. That sounds just about exactly what I am running for rpm @ mph. The rearend is an early front loader GM used from '55 thru '64 . When I bought a pinion seal, and gave the guy at the parts counter the part number off of the old seal, it referenced a '57 chev. Now if I ever blow it up with those super stock style burnouts I'll have an idea what ratio to look for. Of course I would tear it down and do a tooth count to confirm, before I ordered any parts . Allan
I thought you had a corporate 10-bolt rearend (don't ask me why I thought that), the 2.41 was a fairly common ratio for them.

But I cannot remember a '58-'64 application that would have had a 2.41 ratio. That ratio wasn't used during '55-'57, 3.36 was as high as they got IIRC. I know it prolly doesn't matter that much one way or the other but I wonder if there was a 2.41 used from the factory during the "Hotchkiss" era.