The Outhouse Incident - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

The Outhouse Incident

I have begun to put some my family (and other) stories on video. I have uploaded a few of these and it's my hope that my grandchild (or children) might enjoy some of them when they get old enough. I'm thinking that youtube might be around longer than me so you get what I'm thinking. I thought maybe some of you could tell me if I'm on the right track.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 03:18 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Not bad, Crash, matter of fact daggone decent fer a b'ginner.
However, if you could burn these to a CD in addition to having them on Youtube, then they will live forever.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:32 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

personal history

My kids tell me I need to record some of my stories. Last night we stopped in to see one of the 2 WW II vets still alive in our town to invite him to our town christmas dinner next week. . I should have had the mini tape recorder in my pocket. We spent about an hour, he still lives by himself, does his own yard work.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:16 PM

Last photo:

Putting some of my stories on disc is a good idea!
I was talking to my wife the other day about it and she thinks I should write a book. I told her I didn't know when I'd find the time for that but she thinks it could be done. She was telling me about a couple of gals she know that have written one.

One thing I know is that I'm not getting any younger and when I go all my stories that I haven't written down or recorded in some way are gone also.
I think of the people I've known that have passed on, they all had some good tales but if no one recorded them they are lost forever. My mom has a tape of my grandpa telling some of his stories that she treasures.

Here is one more you might enjoy, this one is about my brother and his Torino Cobra.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:44 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Crash, they have software that will turn text into audio and I would imagine that they probably have some that will do the opposite also. If they do, that would sure be a way to get your book started without you having to type it out or get someone to type it out. If you get serious you might wanna look into that.

OK, now tell us how long your Bro got by with the Torino escapades. Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Crash, they have software that will turn text into audio and I would imagine that they probably have some that will do the opposite also. If they do, that would sure be a way to get your book started without you having to type it out or get someone to type it out. If you get serious you might wanna look into that.

OK, now tell us how long your Bro got by with the Torino escapades. Inquiring minds would like to know.

The speedy driving continued for several years and not just in the Torino, there were several vehicles in the works. I slowed down before my brother but he finally decided to slow down a bit after a little close call we had one fourth of July in his hopped up 67 Galaxie fastback and he realized at the speed we were traveling it would have looked more like a plane crash than a car wreck. He only got a couple of tickets over the years but things were a lot different in rural Iowa back then, there seems to be a lot more police presence about now. Even the old green F100 got a drive train upgrade back then. My friends used to tell me I was going to take off one day and leave the rusty old box laying on the ground but it never happened. Old green does look pretty sad now sitting out behind the barn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.