Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Over heating Flattie
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I prefer the two lane drives. I don't like to drive at 70 preferring instead to drive around 60/65 alternating. The only time I run 70 is when I am following a group of fellow car enthusiests to a show. I ask before hand that we not travel above 65 and if they agree but ignore I only ride with their group once. I have been known to fall back to 65 and let them zoom off into the sunset.
I keep about six gallons of water in the trunk just in case it is needed but am tired of this.
The problem for me I guess is that most of my friends have cars with modern big and small block Chevy engines in them so they can't comprehend what I deal with. I hate driving Interstate unless I absolutely have to. But on the other hand one is more likely to get help on the interstates rather than the back roads.
This year when I drove down to Myrtle Beach from Gastonia, NC on the backroads by my lonesome and was perfectly content puttering along at 60 mph. I have come to the conclussion that I will never be able to run with the big dogs so I'll just stay on the porch when necessary.

Thanks John