Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Overheating due to chrome engine parts?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo08383 View Post
the only thing i can think of would be a performance water pump(high volume) being chrome would make the engine run hot. not because of the chrome but because high volume water pumps are meant to be under-driven to free up hp and still flow enough to cool. i didnt under-drive mine and the coolant flowed too fast and the motor ran at 210*. the only rationale i can find is that someone figured their chrome hv pump was making the engine run hot because it was chrome. you ever see full-out chrome big blocks in the hot rod mags? they don't have any trouble so i'm sure you won't either.
Those all chromed out big blocks will not run hot only running the few seconds it takes to load or unload off the trailor that their (street driven ) cars were delivered in ,just a note my Harleys engine cases and cyl jugs are crinkle black from the factory ,presumably to lower heat,cannot say if it works or not