Hot Rod Forum banner

owned one vehicle how long ???

2K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  speedydeedy 
#1 · (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

l been wondering so l have to ask,,,

what is the longest you have owned a classic/rod vehicle?
two catagories for me. before being legally able to put in my name and after it was in my name.

l was seven and told grampa his 1957 chevy 4 door was mine and he said OK.

then when l turned eighteen she was regeristered to me so l have had this one car almost 45 years.

she is tore down right now. (red/white is the dream)

Later

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Does it count if it's apart? :D

I have owned my 48 Chevy pickup since Dec 1974, 37 years. My Buick Gran Sport is a good second at 23 years. ;)

Brian

#7 ·
Uncle Sam forced the sale of my first car, a 66 Belvedere. Tried to find it when I got home from overseas but heard the guy totaled it out so I started looking for another which I finally found in 89 and still have it. Had several cars over time that I kept for 15-18 years but this one is the longest.

#10 ·
I have had my 1957 F100 since 1968 it needs body work. I put a 302 and a FMX Trans with a rearend from a 74 Torino I sure wish I had another cab it's rusting bad. Now my current truck is a 93 GMC I have had it since new and she still gets me all over I trust as if she was brand new.

#11 ·
t bucket forever

I found my !6 T bucket body on a neighbor's ranch in 1951, It sat there for a couple of years before he let me haul it home , Now It needs restoration- upgrading, it's been setting in the back of the barn too long. First build was with an essex frame, 39 ford pieces with an olds, I ran out of money in 62 in college and sold the chassis but kept the body , New chassis with Ford Fe, packard OD trans, olds rear end and front brakes in 65.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.