Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Owner of the garage was a jerk - Need Advice please
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,156 Times in 1,022 Posts
I don't need to hear any more, I wouldn't leave my car with that POS if the f-ing work was being done for free!

Sorry, but there is NO WAY I would give that jerk any of my money! And I have to tell you, in my personal experience the rude POS with the big ego usually ISN'T as good as you think and he is a legend in his own mind!

I am sorry, he is a pathetic excuse for a businessman and I would pull the car out of there and go somewhere else. You don't want a confrontation so I would talk like HE should be talking. That would be taking full responsibility for the situation. "I'm sorry, I don't want to get in your way so I am going to take my car". That sort of talk, you don't have to run in there all smoking and ticked off telling him GIVE ME MY CAR. Just go in there with a good attitude and tell him you don't want to "take advantage" of him.

So how about doing it yourself? You can rent the cherry picker, you can buy an engine stand for not a whole lot, or maybe rent it too. You can learn this stuff, it isn't that big of a deal with you have a forum like this to get advice on how to do it. I just installed the convertible top on my car never dreaming in a million years I could do such a thing, all with the help of this forum.

I pulled the motor in and out of two of my cars for the first time recently because my mechanic (my brother) moved out of the area a few years ago. I got a little last minute help with stuff and it all worked out fine. The machine shop can assemble the motor probably so you don't need to do that, think about doing it yourself. Yep, I'm sorry but there is NO WAY I would get that jerk any of my hard earned money.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
RetroJoeG (10-14-2012)