Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Owner of the garage was a jerk - Need Advice please
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,009 Posts
This is one of the reasons I have stayed 12 years where I am working, the owners treat the customer like I feel the customer should be treated. And that is with respect and understanding and they are ALWAYS right. They maybe "unreasonable" in that some little flaw is something I personally would live with on my daily driver, but they AREN'T wrong about it. The flaw EXISTS, so damn it correct the issue for them with a smile. I love turning around a customer who some other employee has ticked off (morons). It just happened the other day, there was a problem with a car and someone else said something that ticked him off, he was out there in the parking lot calling his insurance company (who sends us hundreds of thousands of dollars in business every year)! I went and expressed just what the owner of the company would do, I sucked it up and was humble and understanding and ate all the crow I could eat and told him we would take care of it, putting him back in a rental car at our expense and that was that, he left with a smile on his face, as your customers SHOULD! The customer PAYS MY HOUSE PAYMENT! He puts food on my families table, he deserves to have his butt kissed, not kicked!

No, honestly, there is no way I would give money to a guy treating me like crap, there is NO WAY.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
RetroJoeG (10-14-2012)