Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Owner of the garage was a jerk - Need Advice please
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
Show up down there with a towtruck and a cop and get your car outta there man. What an arrogant POS.
I dealt with an A Hole like that once.Jim Queens transmission in bradenton florida. What a loser. He tried every trick in the book to hose me.
He had me so mad I wanted to hunt him down like a coyote.
You need to cut your losses my man, right NOW. If I were anywhere near I would come over and help you load your pony.
That guy is a real turd.
Hey, man! Thanks for your support! That's how I felt at the moment which is why I walked away. I used to suffer from Marty McFly syndrome - everytime someone called me a chicken I'd get into it. I'll be 35 in December and I've worked hard on keeping my cool, so to get called out on it and told to "man up" was really pushing the wrong buttons. I don't feel like he ever really hosed me as he would charge me $10 less an hour and no tax if I paid in cash, then again he did hose me on disrespecting my time and not thanking me for the $130 sandblasting cabinet I gave him, that I only used once. Then also told me a couple weeks ago that I'm better off taking any other work like the radiator re-coring and engine rebuilds directly to those places otherwise he HAD to mark it up and pass on that cost to me so he could show proper income on his taxes if he ever got audited. I felt like he tried to help me out here and there, but holding that fact over my head and as leverage and preparing me for possible future insults by saying "Don't EVER take anything I say in the shop to heart" is too risky to continue with.

Hopefully I can get there early and not get into a big confrontation. I'm all squared up with him on payments, so I hope he doesn't try and pull something. He also does most of the work for his local police dept. so the cops won't be on my side.