Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - OXY~ACETYLENE !!!!! Safety!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM

Last journal entry: New Attitude
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I might as well chime in on the arguement. Not that it makes me the authority on the subject, but I do teach welding and fabrication for a living, and I am a Certified Welder, Welding Inspector, and Certified Welding Educator through the American Welding Society. I teach per Harris Calorific's instruction of 1/2 turn acetylene and full open oxygen. 5-7 PSI for fuel, never to exceed 15 PSI 20-40 PSI oxygen, never to exceed 1/2 wide open of gauge. As previously stated, I teach the oxygen regulator is a double seat design. I have never encountered a double seat fuel regulator. As for gasses, I use acetylene and a fuel blend sold by CHEMTANE (propane blend) It is capable of 6000F. It cuts extremely well and very fast. It WILL NOT weld, but for cutting, I have never used better. It is safe at full tank pressure, not that you would ever need to. It lasts longer and is much safer. I was a die hard acetylene man and I still use it, but the CHEMTANE is awesome. Try it, you will like it. My
2 cents.