Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - OXY~ACETYLENE !!!!! Safety!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

might as well put in my 2 cents! i am an ironworker and use oxy/acl torches on a daily basis. i was taught in apprentice class that oxy tank gets opened all the way. acl tank gets opened half way. 40 lbs at the oxy, and 7 lbs at the fuel. i think that the most important thing is to prevent an accident in the first place! whenever i use the torches at work they are at least 25 ft away. when i use the torches at my house i put them outside the garage door. always blow the slag away from the bottles! keep a fire extinguisher next to your work! even a bucket of water to put cut scrap pieces into. torches have to be one of the most usefull tools in the shop, but if they have leaky hoses, leaky regulators they can be a real big hazzard. alot of people buy those japan torch kits with the 15 ft hose that comes with them, buy another section of hose, be safe! buy a few plastic hand spring clamps and some fireproof tarps if you do cutting in the garage and need to protect windows and stuff you don't want slag on. it's all just common sence!!!!!! anyway my 2 cents!