Oxy-gasoine cutting torch system - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 02:10 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Oxy-gasoine cutting torch system

Hello, every friend! Does anybody know oxy-gasoline cutting torch? I just known it from ***************.com. It says that, comparing with oxy-acetylene cutting torch, gasoline cutting torch can save more than 85% fuel cost for steel cutting job. Futhermore, it is absolutely no backflash risk. Is it true? If somebody knows about it, pls contact me.

Helen Xu
Email: [**************************[/email]

Advertisement

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 12-09-2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2009, 03:26 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Oxy- Gasoline... there trying to blow us up Gasoline is explosive, not combustable or at least for uses such as torches

Anyway, this is spam
Old 12-09-2009, 03:43 AM

Last journal entry: New (used) 350.
Last photo:

yeah, who's she think she is trying to shanghai anyway
Old 12-09-2009, 07:00 AM

Last photo:

You CANNOT use pure oxygen near petroleum products, they will instantly ignite. That is why the gauge says 'USE NO OIL' on the face. Gasoline is explosive, not just flammable. DO NOT TRY THIS!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBodyman
You CANNOT use pure oxygen near petroleum products, they will instantly ignite. That is why the gauge says 'USE NO OIL' on the face. Gasoline is explosive, not just flammable. DO NOT TRY THIS!

Actually one of the advantages of this thing is it,s claim to safety vs Acetylene. These things have been around a few years now but I still have not seen one close up except for a short demo last summer, still could not get my hands on it but it sure looks interesting. Some of the claims they make for it sounds really suspicious to me and I doubt it will ever replace the Acetylene torch but safety does seem to be an advantage and I have no doubt it is safer than Acetylene.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 AM
38 LaFayette

Last journal entry: Got a little help..
Last photo:

There is a pretty impressive video on utube. Google petrogen utube. I know very little about cutting large pieces of steel, but it sure zipped through some really thick pieces. Very little slag.

Bob
Old 12-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Not sure what the spammer is talking about, but my acetylene supplier was trying to sell me on a replacement last year, supposedly cheaper and just as hot. Forget what it was called. I didn't go for it as my usage isn't large anyways.

Budget RVs
Old 12-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
my acetylene supplier was trying to sell me on a replacement last year, supposedly cheaper and just as hot.

Nothing is as hot as Acetylene! Was he trying to sell you MAPP? These guys like to use terms like "more heat" or "more BTUs" both of which are very misleading. You can get "more heat" or "more BTUs" out of Propane than Acetylene, or so the sales pitch goes, but what they are saying is more BTUs per pound of fuel which don't mean squat as to actual temperature since they burn at a different rate. "More heat" is not in any way equal to hotter like some of those salesmen would have you believe. As of right now I don't think any kind of fuel gas is as hot as Acetylene.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:16 PM

Last photo:

gas cutting torch

they work very well my cousin has 1 it will cut stee .lvery cleanly an thicker than acet. but is only good for cutting.ther was a fellow in vancouver aria selling the setup, i watched a demo and my cousin bought 1 and has used for years with no problem. cliff
eyry well
Old 12-09-2009, 07:15 PM
CQNRQY

Last photo:

GAS Never heard of it!! Or do you mean Natural Gas?

If you're worried about the price of the contract Try propane or tap into your natural Gas. No contract required.
You just need a differant tip. Many factories use natural gas( the same tip) Or Readily Available
I'f used to cut 4" thick steel plate. Can't get the hang of bracing though
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff tate
they work very well my cousin has 1 it will cut stee .lvery cleanly an thicker than acet. but is only good for cutting.ther was a fellow in vancouver aria selling the setup, i watched a demo and my cousin bought 1 and has used for years with no problem. cliff
eyry well
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff tate
eyry well

The demo I saw last summer was very impressive also and although he claimed to be able to cut thicker steel after talking with him I have doubts about that, however cutting thicker steel cleanly is another story! That's where this outfit gets impressive, it cuts clean and seems to be less sensitive to the operators lack of steadiness due I think to the heat from the flame traveling farther down the cut which helps with preheat, I'm just guessing about that however. Contrary to what the salesman was trying to tell everyone it is the Oxygen that does the cutting not the fuel BUT if the torch flame can get the metal hotter over a larger area it makes thicker cutting much easier even if the flame is not quite as hot at the tip which apparently this thing does. I sure would like to talk to someone who would tell it straight and not some salesman with a load of BS who just tries to make it out to be more than it is, this thing just might be quite useful but for some reason it does not seem to be catching on all that well.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQNRQY
If you're worried about the price of the contract Try propane or tap into your natural Gas. No contract required.
You just need a differant tip. Many factories use natural gas( the same tip) Or Readily Available
I'f used to cut 4" thick steel plate. Can't get the hang of bracing though

Propane or natural gas works ok to cut with but not as well as Acetylene nor can you weld with either propane or natural gas (either one is a PITA to use outside if the wind is blowing too! ) They are cheap however, much cheaper than Acetylene, and for that reason alone we used propane in my shop when I was still there. We did have Acetylene in the shop also for when it was needed but probably 90% of our indoor cutting needs were done with propane, it was too much trouble outside and didn't work worth a darn with a grooving tip anyway so we always used Acetylene on the service trucks.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

I have only used propane to cut with, and had gotten into welding aluminum with it, I agree it's not hot enough to weld steel plate with, but that's what I have the welders for.

I mainly use my torch for cutting, and occasionally use it for brazing when the need arises, but with the age of my hoses and having to renew my oxygen lease soon, I'm seriously gonna give this a good look. I found a very decent video on YouTube form off this thread and searching slightly in the other videos on the right, and then going onto the one website I found.

I'm just lookin for now, but will have to eventually price new stuff to replace what I already have.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM

Last photo:

gasoline cutting

If your main use is cutting you cant beat the gasoline,it will cut 4in real clean and .starts faster than propane or nat gas.my cousin used his for cutting pad bolts on a 235 cat excavator, worked great. cliff
Old 12-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CUSTOM
I have only used propane to cut with, and had gotten into welding aluminum with it, I agree it's not hot enough to weld steel plate with, but that's what I have the welders for.

I mainly use my torch for cutting, and occasionally use it for brazing when the need arises, but with the age of my hoses and having to renew my oxygen lease soon, I'm seriously gonna give this a good look. I found a very decent video on YouTube form off this thread and searching slightly in the other videos on the right, and then going onto the one website I found.

I'm just lookin for now, but will have to eventually price new stuff to replace what I already have.
Harbor freight has pretty good deald on torch hoses from time to time
Shane

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.