Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Padded top for my '31 A
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Irelands child's Avatar
Irelands child Irelands child is offline
Registered User
Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 5,365
Wiki Edits: 8

Thanks: 59
Thanked 530 Times in 410 Posts
Padded top for my '31 A

When I was first building my '31 roadster, I assembled a frame for a padded (Carson style) top intending on using that instead of a modified Ford Model A top. Several years later, I have a modified Ford style top on my car. Looks good, well made - but it acts like a sail(wind collector). I have some photos of the construction - in process - none of the finished framework though will take some soon. This gets me to the question - How is a padded top made? I prefer to NOT use chicken wire as the final form as the original Carsons were made. Someone!! Point me in a direction so I can at least dig out some information, do some reading on these tops so that maybe I can finish it one of these days.

Dave W
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0046.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	843.6 KB
ID:	68102   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0045.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	851.8 KB
ID:	68103   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0043.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	856.0 KB
ID:	68104  
Irelands child
Reply With Quote