Paging Kristkustoms - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 01:11 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Paging Kristkustoms

I posted this here, instead of K/K's website because I feel the information that I will need, can be used by others when planning a hotrod interior.

I went through your website, and really liked your 19-3/4" wide buckets. When you did the 39 Chevy, how much room was left for the console? How do the seats fit a big guy? Say a 6' linebacker? How many positions do they recline, or do they just have a fold forward feature?
I'd like to continue my console up through the back seats and up to the package shelf. Reminiscent of the early vettes. How tough is it to build custom back seats to match the front? I assume it would be a plywood/foam assembly?

Or can you email me a price for
(2) bucket seats- bare w/billett handles
(1) sewing template for above
(2) rear seats to match fronts w/ a template for sewing

I'd need to know what dimensions you will want, and any other pertinanent info required. I would end up shipping the fronts separate, as I will need them for the steering column placement, and for console fabrication.

The tips you posted were fantastic. Another one highlighting interior planning would REALLY be helpful (to me)!

Thanks,
Jeff

Email: Greenblud1@aol.com

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey, I'm just the interior guy

Last photo:

Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
First name...............Shawn

Last photo:

I generally dont post info on my products in the forums, but since it has been asked, ill answer. If another moderater thinks this should be deleted, let me know ill delete it.

But anyway, im actually fitting my seats in another 39 chevy coupe at the shop right now. Im planning a console for it, and i will have a good 8 or 9 inches of room for the console. The seat back has 20 different "clicks" when it is reclined back, so you should have no problem finding a comfortable position. For that type of person, I would recommend getting them with the 2" longer lower cushion, which I have just come out with. If you want to build your own rear seats, you can go with our contoured foam and cut it to your desired shape. Its the same profile foam thats used on my buckets, and can be ordered any width you want. You can trim it down and carve it to your desired shape.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:41 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Those are some sweet looking seats. I'd bet that they would even make ME look good sitting in them...

Thanks guys !!

K/K, I will email you in the near future about the seats.

Jeff

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.