paint - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2003, 06:02 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post paint

were is a good website.to find all differant colors of paint you can choose from, i am so very close to get started on the paint, but that is the thing that is slowing me down, is the paint. any info would be helpfull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Don't know of any web site. Best bet is go down to your trusty paint supplier and drool over his color chip books. If you will do a lot of painting, you can buy a chip book from the paint manufacturer but they are in the $45-$55 price range.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:26 AM

Last photo:

or if you have about $40.00 to spend send it to house of color for their brochure and you can see what real colors look like. i did and i'm more confused than ever as to what color to spay on my 36 ford 3 wind. coupe

god luck

bomo
Old 04-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

[quote]Originally posted by bomo:
<strong>or if you have about $40.00 to spend send it to house of color for their brochure and you can see what real colors look like. i did and i'm more confused than ever as to what color to spay on my 36 ford 3 wind. coupe

god luck

bomo</strong><hr></blockquote>

I bought one of the HOK chip books too. Bad idea if you want to make an easy color selection! WAY too many luscious colors to choose from. Amazing what the candy colors do with different base colors isn't it.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:16 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

I did it the easy way. Took my wife car shopping on a Sunday. Went to all of the car dealers in the area to see what colors were available on the new ones. The colors usually look different on something than they do on the paint chips. The problem with that is remembering where it was that you saw that "just right shade of blue". Of course it doesn't look anything like that color when you go to the paint supplier and look at their paint chips. So much for that idea.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:59 PM

I tell all of my customers to do their homework before deciding on paint, but when you decide...dont go looking again! Go through your magazines and look at the centerfolds or more-than-1-page-cars/trucks. Look at what colors/grafix look good on vehicles with the same shape/modificiations that you have on yours. Orange (specifically Tangelo Pearl from HOK) has made a SIGNIFIGANT comeback in the last few years as a fat-fendered-rod color, whereas Kandy-Apple Red was THE color in the early 70's. On new cars, tri-coats (Kandies) are beginning to run their course out and multi-coat pearls and 'heavy' or 'warm' colors are coming back in (dark blues, greens, even purple). Just look around at what colors look good on YOUR car, cause tangelo orange looks TERRIFIC on a 40 ford, but looks like a "Merge Ahead" sign color on a 2002 Dodge Ram.

The 'hopper

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.