Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - paint ?
Thread: paint ?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sure Can. House of Kolour has many formulas for a candy colour paint job. This is achieved by putting down a base colour, in this case probably black, after the base has flashed a mid coat of transparent "red" or "Orange" or whatever is applied. This is the tricky part because the mid coat or the transparent coat needs to be put on evenly over the entire vehicle. Failure to do this will give you an uneven colour in certain parts of the paint job. When I do these I generally walk the car as I'm spraying, paying close attention to the overlap of my spray pattern to assure an even coat. When the mid coat has flashed, I apply the clear coat, usually 4 - 5 coats depending on the depth I am trying to achieve and to give me enough product for colour sanding and polishing.

Paint is expensive, House of Kolour is no different. PPG has a palette of many cool colours usually found in the "Vibrance" line. If you have a specific effect you are looking for, find a good Jobber, be it PPG or what ever company your going to use.

If you need more information let me know and I will do my best to walk you though it in more detail. Might even be able to give you information on dyes to use in your mid coat to get the effect you are looking for.

Best
Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
dirtyfingers (10-10-2012)