Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - paint ?
Thread: paint ?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
Ok I got it, nothing in the clear,test for the right effect, but im still a little unclear[pun], as to get the right mid coat mix.
This is where picking your paint supplier is so important. I've worked at supplier's where the guy behind the counter couldn't care less and the at places where the guy would bend over backwards for his customers. Often it's a direct reflection on management. I know which guy I'd hire.

A good paint jobber will either know what you want or will get the information to you. Most paint companies have the products you need. I'm not trying to preach PPG, but they have a wide palette of options for you with dyes and toners. From product lines like Deltron, Global and Envirobase (Water Bourne). Less money than House of Kolor with great effect. Nexa and Dupont have these products available also. It all comes down to your paint supplier. They can get it, they have formulas, if they don't they can make it. It's how hard will they try for you. If you came to my store (I don't have one but if I did) I'd make it for you. When I was a rep I did it many times, did it because I enjoyed it, and made lots of life long friends.