Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - paint ?
Thread: paint ?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
I didn't know guys dyed hair in 50. And I will ask about the makeup of the mid coat from paint dealer rep. The only reason I looked at house of colour is I can't find apaint that looks like manderin orang kandy that thay have. It comes in consitrates and I didn't know if you make your mid coat with it. Im just a guy that has painted base coat clear coat, so im new at this. I also was told that the consintrates can be used with any paints. I was going to H.O.K. kandy with diferent brand system.
House of Kolor makes a great product, I've used it many times. All I'm saying is explore your options. Dupont has "Hot Hughes" excellent product but a little limited in colour selection, and I'm looking at my PPG colour chip binder called "Vibrance Collection". Just take a little time to speak to the paint suppliers in your area, if they are worth their salt, they will get you or make for you exactly what you want and at the same time you will get a good idea as to which paint supplier is going to help you the most.

As far as concentrates go, most have a similar version of what H of K has. PPG uses a universal dye system that works in all their products including water base. Yes the concentrate in H of k should be able to be used in any paint, but, before I'd buy the concentrate or "dye" I would explore your paint suppliers. If you don't have a gram mixing scale how much you put in one time may not be exactly what you put in the next, changing your colour, costing you a pile of money and time in starting over.

If you check my posts, I always preach, SUPPLIER, SUPPLIER, SUPPLIER.