Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - paint
Thread: paint
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
Still not shure. Went to jobber for info on paint,posted a month ago,and still cant get answers.He,[ppg] distributer said that people mix vodo paint mixes in privet. This might be true and I know it's how some realy supper paint jobs are done, but a simple question,Is the clear in the mid coat the same as the final clear. His answer was ,what's going in the mid coat?. I thought thats why I was there, to find out? I personaly would think you would want the midcoat to tack up quicker to hold on the vetical,as it is the vehical to transport candes, or flakes or whatever.But Im not a trick painter just your basic basecoat/cear guy. Once againe I will add a pict, of a car and woud like some help sa to how it was painted . Would be indebited.
Sounds like getting good answers from that jobber, would be the equivalent of going to a gas station and asking the clerk for stock picking advice.
Most painters use an intercoat clear as a carrier and all an intercoat clear is, is a clear basecoat. Like you suspect, they use it for ease and speed.

The car in picture looks like nothing more the a House of color pick, off the paint chart with use of a candy.