Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - paint
Thread: paint
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:28 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

paint

I was cooking strudel,my 15 year old was on my computer all day, but finaly got to read this stuff,thanks for all the help. Im getting closer to my answer. I think I was on the wrong track. I was told that to get the results like what was painted on the willys,[picture], I would have to start with a black basecoat then paint my midcoat over that. A few coats and you would hardly see the midcoat maby only in bright sun.Add more coats and you would see it in less ligth,the highlights that is. I want a mostly black paint job,[ black candy base coat], with a mid coat that will give me the look like the willys in picture. Now this is where it gets tricky.In stead of brandywine, what I think is in his mid coat, I want to use a orange like manerin orange that h.o.k puts out. My problem is very simple but because of my lack of knowleg, need to know the steps. Do I use the consitrate and add it to clear,do I add somthing to make it flash quicker,or do I buy the mid coat already mixed and what's in the mix. I know someone painted that car, but I cant locate him, and even if I did it might be his secret.