Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - paint
Thread: paint
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The bottom line is, if you want to paint that color, it is no big deal other then how thick your wallet is.
BUT all all the guessing in the world and playing on a computer is going to do nothing for you but cause you to spend money, you don't need to and end up with the wrong color when done.
IF you want this color, go to House of Color and buy there color chip book, last one I bought was 10 or so years ago and I think it was $50 dollars, so even if it is a $100 now, it will be money well spent as it will show that color and the slight changes made by using different color undercoats.
Now you know exactly what colors you want and then you can go to a Basf, PPG or a Matrix jobber that has their company "custom color mixing system" in stock and with the numbers you have they can mix it exact.

Now you can shop the colors with codes in hand and I can see where a color like this it could mean a $500-800 saving.
This does not have to be as complicated as it is being made out to be, as this is actually done everyday in bodyshops around the world.