Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint - Centari
Thread: Paint - Centari
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,011 Posts
I have a co-worker who has a 64 Impala in a mechanical shop who has had it four or five years, maybe six I forget.

He gave him the body on a cart, the frame fully powder coated with all the suspension, inner fenders, rad support, the whole deal. The motor to rebuild, and $4500 to start. Not a SINGLE bolt has been turned, NOTHING.

This POS has that body over on the side BEHIND a couple other cars and PILES of shelves and boxes and what have you. The frame is up on a shelf 15 feet off the ground. He has never touched a nut or bolt!

He also had another co-workers 51 Chevy pickup in there for about a year for an engine and mustang II swap. I have bought the beautiful dropped axle off the owner of the truck. It is buried in the shop under the 64 Impala body, along with the 55 pass car rear end that I want and the 235 too. I have went by there day after day for weeks, then to once a week for months, I have been going over there to check to see if he cleaned out the mess since JANUARY! It's coming on a friggin YEAR and the stuff is still trapped back there. And believe me, don't go thinking I could get that axle out somehow under the body or car next to it or something, we are talking BURIED there is NO WAY to get it out without moving everything in front of it!

Oh yes poor dumb bastard, what kind of money can you be making when there are only two stalls left in the shop that aren't storing something? This is about a five thousand square foot shop! He has TWO Stalls operable!

Brian