View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Why are these people allowing this to happen? I couldn't get away with it and neither should anybody else. Does he have employees? If not, he can't make decent money in a 5,000 sq ft shop by himself, the overhead would eat up anything he brings in, unless he just keeps getting deposits and doesn't do any work, but that doesn't last long.

I thought the days of stepping over a turbo 350 and a German Sheppard to get to the owner of a repair shop where over, I guess it's still alive and well.

Ray
It IS alive and well! And this guy is damn talented, he can do some good work but gets himself into trouble with this crap. Check this out, out side in the weather is a BEE-UUU-TEEE-FUL 65ish Chevy pickup. It's a two tone, with SUPER NICE paint on it. It has never been assembled, no chrome on it, no glass, no front sheetmetal put on it. I have no idea what the story is. But it has been at THREE different shops this guy has had. It has been stored outside of two of them that I know of. The paint is now failed and will have to be re-shot. And I am telling you, I can be a detail nut and this thing is very nicely done for a non-show car kinda rig, it is very nice. What in the living world would make someone look at something like this for years, 10-15 years I have seen this truck. I have no idea who owns it, but I don't care what the story is, if the owner owed him $10K I would still not have that truck there for this long, I would lean sale it, throw it away, I don't care what I did but it wouldn't be there outside my door every friggin day for years.

The co-worker of mine with the Impala was warned, by a number of people not to give him the car and money, and there it sits.

Brian