Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint does not match
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 09:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

re: Paint does not match

Thanks to everyone for the info...

To answer a few questions:

Yes we have already discussed diminished value(the other guy backed out of his driveway and pushed her across two lanes).

Yes the new paint stopped at the limits of the repairs,from the drivers door back and around the back, the tailgate, and the roof were not painted.The biggest noticeable difference is between the left front fender and the drivers door. The fender is slightly darker and has a very glittery gold tone where the original paint does not. Inside the passenger rear door you can see where they taped it off and now there is a ridge at the point where old meets new and it does not match there either, so I don't think they can really get away with the faded paint argument.

Talking to my wife on the phone she said the paperwork she was given lists only parts cost, paint cost, material cost, and labor cost totaling $4700.00. There is no detailed breakdown and I know this is not right...

We have made arrangements to meet with the insurance man tomorrow. Surprisingly enough he suggested that we meet away from the body shop to discuss this and then pending the result of that conversation go back and try to settle this with them.