paint for drag car - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colormecrazy
Hey there guys! I gotta chime in here. All this mixing ratio talk is going to confuse some inexperienced readers. Which ever paint you choose, always mix to manufacturer's required ratio. Adding or subtracting reducer to achieve a desired viscosity is all fine. But, paint to hardener/activator ratio is not something for us non-chemist types to be playing with.
Very good point!

A lot of people get hung up on the mixing ratio not knowing that manufacturers play all kinds of games with solvents in the products to MAKE any mixing ratio they want for MARKETING purposes.

Get a quality product and use it following the tech sheets, that is all you need to know!

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 10:59 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

read the post instead of making up what you want to see. nowhere did i say to change a mix of hardner. but regardless of what it is it has to be at a sprayable viscosity . which is about the most important thing when it comes to mixing paint.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Paintshop Dog

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
read the post instead of making up what you want to see. nowhere did i say to change a mix of hardner. but regardless of what it is it has to be at a sprayable viscosity . which is about the most important thing when it comes to mixing paint.
Easy! Sorry if you feel like I stepped on you toes. I'm only on here to share my 22 years of experience. I'm a little opinionated... I suggest keeping those toes tucked. I sinserely did not mean any offense. Just thought your technical talk may be confusing to some readers.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:58 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormecrazy
Easy! Sorry if you feel like I stepped on you toes. I'm only on here to share my 22 years of experience. I'm a little opinionated... I suggest keeping those toes tucked. I sinserely did not mean any offense. Just thought your technical talk may be confusing to some readers.
As I said in my post and always. I just speak from my experience. And going back to the 80's when I was shooting activated acrylic enamel and right up to today, always mix to the manufacturers data sheet and you will not go wrong. They have tested their product and know what works best. Any deviation will yield less than ideal results....Allan
Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
As I said in my post and always. I just speak from my experience. And going back to the 80's when I was shooting activated acrylic enamel and right up to today, always mix to the manufacturers data sheet and you will not go wrong. They have tested their product and know what works best. Any deviation will yield less than ideal results....Allan

And there is nothing wrong with mentioning that again. Some people can't see that there are people who don't know these things and it's good to make it clear.

Brian

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.