Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - paint gun problems
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

after reading some of your great responses, I beleive i have done many things wrong. imagian that. I am new to hvlp guns and also to this epoxy primer.
I was going by the air inlet gauge at 10 psi mistake one, and for some reason i never even thought of cleaning a new gun mistake #2, I mixed the epoxy/cat. as marked in the spec sheet and did set the air inlet to recomended spec at the inlet. the first coat i didnt wait a full fifteen min. after mixing, the second coat i did and it sprayed much better. but with all this stuff that went on in the first coat how in all gods name did i get it to lay down perfectly on the 2nd coat and dry smooth as glass.
now im getting ready to do this primeing in the next few days, after what i discribed how should i go about fixing the problems, more air is the obveus thing but should i reduce by ten percent. just the jambs took a lot of primer and ive got to get at least a metal seal and a sealer for color coat.
thanks