Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint gun suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 12:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Which paint gun?

Scroll down to the blue gun on the first page. I own two of these guns, available for $40 at Menards, including 14. and 2.0 tips and air caps. The regulator is caca. These guns spray really nice, and are easy to use.

I have a somewhat more expensive (read still cheap) Cobalt gravity gun from Lowes that I use for clear; it seems to do better for that. The Menards gun atomises metallic basecoat really good if you crank up the air pressure.

They broke a couple times, but nothing I couldn't fix in 10 minutes. I keep them clean and lubricated, and so for, so good.

As long as the gun is clean, adjusted properly, and not too terrible, the person pulling the trigger makes a lot more difference than the gun does. Also, the more you use a gun, the better you become acquainted with its performance and limitations. I think these guns are perfect to learn on, because if you get yourself to the point of extracting maximum performance out of them, you will not only have a decent performing gun, but you will learn enough to justify buying a better gun.

I have never shot with a brand name gun, or gun that cost over $100 for that matter. My next step will probably be Astro. I would have bought DeVilbiss Finish line guns from the start, but I don't have enough air for them.