Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint gun suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 07:24 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotY
Hi Dave,

I got the tech sheets from here:
http://www.performancecoatings.dupon...omasystem.html

Just checked and they're online. Thank you for the offer, though...much appreciated.

Confusing, but I think I'm understanding how to use the stuff. I've got the 2540S DTM primer and I forget which hardener. I've read and re-read the tech sheet a bunch of times. I'm thinking, since I need to do filler, that I'll have to be doing some sanding of the epoxy. I think I've got a plan of action now, after a lot of thinking about it. New to all this and kinda slow at times, too.

Stick with the folks here if you have a problem - these guys were my mentors.

The tech sheets must have come back on line after I looked tho have seen that message before. I think they leave them ambiguous on purpose so they can always claim that it's not their fault when things go wrong.

As far as sanding after prime, scuff with some 180 - 220 to give it some tooth and open up a fresh surface as this DuPont dries fairly smooth - then use a good filler like one of the Ever-fil products like Rage Gold or Extreme. That stuff even needs to wear off your skin if you are sloppy.

As a note, if you are going to use ChromaBase as your base coat paint, you do have to be careful of the primer colors. I used the recommended light gray, Value Shade 2, under my Venetian Orange and instead of a 2 coat cover, I needed at least 4 before it "sparkled" clean without a gray shadow.

Dave W