Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint Match Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:28 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Thats what I was thinking too...but white is a real tough one to get right ,,you really gotta know what your looking at ...whites have so many colors it really gets tough If you dont have mixing machine experiance..
I agree. A lot of people tell me white is easy but I always say there's a lot of variants cause the color is white so you're gonna see everything else in it. For white you can't do a paint stick color match cause it looks different when it dries. In my opinion, and this has made white a little easier for me is to consider two toners and two directions you can go in...yellow or blue. You don't really see the blue but the blue in small doses make it appear more white. The yellow you do see and makes it look more yellow, and this to me seems to be the difference in varriances for white. It will either look two yellow or too white. So what you do is cancel on out with the other...too yellow add a drop or two of blue...too white add a couple drops of yellow.