Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint Question
Thread: Paint Question
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Paint Question

Hello everyone. new guy here with a paint question. I'm trying to get a half way decent paint job on an old rusty truck Here's the details. I just got done spraying 2 coats of epoxy primer. It seems to have come out good but there are definitely some areas that will need quite a bit of sanding to make it smooth. Basically while trying to remove surface rust I realized it just wasn't all going to come off so I applied por-15 over those sections. At this point I'm not sure if I should just sand the epoxy then add one more coat or look into a high build primer. I'm running out of time weather/temp wise to do more spraying here in NJ. Would a high build rattle can primer be ok over the epoxy just to help get those areas smooth. Its going to maaco for a final spraying (obviously not a show car) and I believe they will put a universal sealer over it before spraying. What do you guys think I should do to get this a smooth as possible before getting it painted? Thanks in advance for the advice.