Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint Viscosity Follow Up
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 08:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wow, that's a really good example of what temperature can do for the viscosity. You can imagine what headaches can be created by using too much reducer in cold paint to get the viscosity right. I was kinda hoping that Barry would chime in on this post and give his nickle on viscosity especially with some of the more solvent poppin prone clears of today. More solvent can sometimes come back to bite ya in the end with more chance of pop and possible dieback problems. But then again I know Milo reduces it how he likes it but I think he's also fond of higher air pressures when applying, nobody can deny that his work looks really good so he's got it the way he feels is best. Personally I try to stay fairly close to what the manufacturer recomends reducerwise. Usually less reducer means more retained gloss after clear. One example is Dupont's Chromaone- spray it without reducer (solid colors) and the gloss will be much more than if it had been reduced. Bob

Last edited by baddbob; 12-03-2005 at 08:21 AM.