Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint and work racks
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
OH Boy Brian...I love this stuff...a little over 20 years ago I was living in Northern Alberta and was a rural paint rep, I looked after the body Shops in Northern Alberta right up to the North West Territories..(Yes, I have tee'd off at a golf tournament at midnight on June 21st. in High Level Alberta). I was driving by a Hospital one day and I saw the Hospital guy was throwing out hospital gurney's...I looked at them and asked how many they had and if I could buy them...The guy told me that they had just over 100 that they where getting rid of...I said, seeing your throwing them out, how about I give you $10 each...He jumped at it. When they where folded down, I could load about 10 in my 1/2 ton at a time...I went from shop to shop and sold these Hospital gurney's for $175 each as truck box bed movers...they had the nice big wheels on them so if you took the gurney outside with a box on it it wouldn't get stuck in the gravel...I sold out in less than a week, some shops bought 3 of them...They worked so well, they even had the piece where the head of the bed could be angled up or down, the height was adjustable and darn heavy duty...Made about $20K clear in less than 10 days. I still have several I kept for myself, talk about a portable parts bench.

Ray
I friend of mine worked at a funeral home for a while when we were just out of high school. I went over there once and he had his 29 Model A body on a "church truck" the cart they put the casket on when they roll you into church.

Brian