Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Paint and work racks
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I really push for the best equipment that I can possibly afford. When I remodeled my bath room I went into the hardware store and told him I want you to treat me like a pro when it comes to equipment and I let me make up my mind if I can't afford it. I bought nearly all the very best they had by way of tools and methods and it paid off big time! The way I looked at it was if I was paying someone to do it I would be paying a heck of a lot more so if I am still saving a ton of money I was going to do it with the least back breaking as I could. It worked like a dream.

Those folding racks by the way are available for a LOT less than $350 now! Even the Matco Tool truck had them for about $50 the other day. But a bunch of guys in the shop bought some from another vendor the other day for only $25 each!

And even the other ones have a lot of compitition so the price is way down. Here is one for $159 Amazon.com: PBE Rotating Paint Rack, Model# RM350: Home & Kitchen

Brian
Good equipment certainly makes the job more enjoyable. i have 4 of the scissor style shown below. HF actually sells a cheap version at their store for about 20 dollars on sale but it is made out of (I think) 5/8 inch pipe. They have a better quality one made out of 3/4 pipe that is about 10 dollars more. It is definitely worth the differance when you start to use one for sanding a panel.