Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting in attached garage - smell and ISO's
View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 AM
adtkart adtkart is offline
adtkart@aol.com
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 3,220
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_rat_rodder
you should be fine if you have good ventilation. people are around paint fumes all the time in body shops. the worst thing is you might get a headache
New.... I don't know where you got that information but it is WRONG, BIG TIME!!!!! People that are around paint fumes all the time in body shops without safety precautions will pay for it eventually. ISO's are poison!

I know some people do it, but I would not paint in an attached garage. If you do, take serious safety precautions. If you have small pets or children, they would be effected by the ISO's earlier than an adult. The fumes can get in the house thru the door and HVAC venting. You need good ventilation to remove the fumes to the out doors.

Aaron
Reply With Quote