Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting in attached garage - smell and ISO's
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab
I know a lot of you have painted in your garages (and still do). MY question has to do with the smell and safety. I am plannign to paint in my two car attached garage which shares one wall with my living room and another with my master bath. If I do the typical "drape with plastic" etc. what kind of "smell" and ISO creep am I looking at? Will the smell seep into the house, and if so is this somethign that will clear up in an hour or two? Do folks need to be out of hte house for maximum ISO safety. As you can imagine, my wife is a little anxious since I made the mistake of describing how dangerous ISO's are (i.e. as part of my explanation around why I needed to spend $500 on a Hobbyair unit).

Thanks,

Chris
Had a friend that painted out of a shop under his house, he used all the precautions in his shop,ex fan, mask, for himself.
Now after approximately 15 years his wife died of cancer, she was in the house above his shop most of the time, So I would think the fumes was probably just like (second hand smoke). And time took it's toal.
I would advise against it.