Hot Rod Forum banner

Painting bumpers.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  americanLT1 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally feeling well enough to get back to sanding my car and I'm still not sure what color to choose but it's looking like it will most likely be red. After reviewing the pictures of the car with everything painted white epoxy primer I don't know that I want to paint the bumpers red too.
The aluminum air vents in front as well as the trim rings around the exhaust, vent in the hood, door buttons, grille mesh and license plate holder will have a brushed finish.
I thought it might look cool to paint the bumpers to look like brushed aluminum but I'm not sure how you would go about doing it.

Here's a couple of pictures with everything in white primer.
Any suggestions?

Ed

See less See more
#2 ·
painting bumpers?

I am the only one in our club that does not have a "finished" paint job. Going next week to Paint and trying to decide on colors and style. I am leaning to a contrasting bumper just because it will give a different look.

I noticed your grill. Where did you get that, I think It gives it a nice touch.
R Brooks

#3 ·
Custom car grilles is where I got the material.
It will stand out more when I black out the inter cooler.
Deciding on a color is tough but I'm with you on having some contrast.
I know I don't want chrome but I'm not sure how to make the bumpers look like aluminum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.