Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - painting inside the cab
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm not much of a painter but i am working at a body shop part time and know that a good finish is all in the prep work! I would suggest taking off as many parts as you can to paint them off of the car like dash, pillar, mouldings, and such to get better access to them. Masking off is very important and so is the prep. I would definitely sand and finish off with a red scotch bright and wipe down with wax and grease remover before paint. I would say that a can would work fine for a novice but buy quality paint made for the part that you are painting. Paint for metal is going to be different than paint for vinyl or for plastic. Also try practicing on somthing that can be trashed later to get the spray pattern down like feathering, and edges and such. Follow the can's direction, some will say a few light coats, others will say 2 medium coats. Good luck and also get some paint thinner in case you make a mistake, put some on a rag and you can wipe it off pretty easy like off of glass and chrome.