Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting my twin turbo camaro ( helppppp)
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I can't recommend enough to go to a local paint store and buy all the products from them along with getting the tech sheets so you know what you are working with. They often have a "cut to the chase" sort of data sheet too that isn't so complicated. But honestly, to be buying products from different web sites and throwing it all together in a pot, you are going to be stepping up the learning curve big time!

Get it all from one source along with the use information and you are going to be eliminating a LOT of headaches.

Brian
thats why i figured id either use the summit brand stuff i have, or get all new stuf fin black from eastwood, the only thing that wouldnt be comming form eastwood would be the pearl.

with the pearl isnt that a pretty much universal thing u just mid in with the clear ? if i were to do it as bc/cc instead of single stage ?

my idea is to lay down the black base coat then mask off the stripes and shoot the stripes witht he clear/pearl mix , then after shoot the 3-4 coats of clear over the whole thing