painting it myself - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2003, 04:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

painting it myself

well my dad and I have recently purchased a 1970 mustang fastback. it needs paint and i was thinking of possibly doing in our selves. i was wondering if it is terribly hard to paint a car. i know how to do the taping and everything but the painting part i dont know how to. My dads helped someone do it before though. so is it worth trying it ourselfs or just get a professional to do it.

i tried to get it done at are schools spray booth but the teacher said he doesnt have time. which was a bummer

here a side shot of the mustang

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2003, 04:49 PM

Last photo:

I just did my Fiero myself, look in my photo album, if you like it then pm me and ill tell you what all i did ect ect, but if not then its cool. I want you to see my work before you take advice from me, BTW its my first paint job.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:46 PM

Painting is the easy part but the prep work is the most difficult and time consuming. If you have crappy body work it doesnt matter what brand of paint or who painted it you wont be happy with it.
I would suggest making a plan of attack . Get advice on what kind of tools and supplies you need.
Find some old fenders and doors so you can practice doing your body work and spraying technique on until you feel comfortable. Just go for it and have fun. Good luck
Old 09-19-2003, 09:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by edog1
Painting is the easy part but the prep work is the most difficult and time consuming. If you have crappy body work it doesnt matter what brand of paint or who painted it you wont be happy with it.
I would suggest making a plan of attack . Get advice on what kind of tools and supplies you need.
Find some old fenders and doors so you can practice doing your body work and spraying technique on until you feel comfortable. Just go for it and have fun. Good luck
thanks for the idea i could probably get some old panels from my auto class and practice on them.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.