Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting over rust conversion coatings
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I used to use rust mort but I found Ospho works much better..You have to be very careful when using acid products...Theres a whole proceedure I use but all I know is how to prep using Ospho...first off you want to remove the rust not just convert it,thats tuff enough...I always sand everything completely with 180 to get off any excess build up from not wiping enough off when done...after that I scuff with a red pad then clean with W&G then I get out the tack rag and give it a good final cleaning...I always use epoxy primer ,I prefer SPI epoxy for high quality and low price...
If you want to know more about how to use Ospho for removing rust, start to finish I'd be glad to help but just remember be very cautious using acid and be very throuogh with your prep because they are the #1 cause for paint failure, usually bubbles...so do your homework and know what to do before you start and you wont have any trouble later on...