Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting Plastic Body Panels
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,325 Times in 1,149 Posts
If I didn't know better you were pushing Duplicolor with two posts here and one having links to Duplicolor.

But lets get something straight, Duplicolor has some decent products depending on what your expectations are. Just for fun I read some of the painting tips and when I got to number 8 I was reminded of something I hadn't thought of in years. Why? Because I remember knowing so little as to think that was a fact! It isn't, can't paint lacquer over enamel crap, geez, it is simply wrong. But in the world of spray can 1K Duplicolor stuff, I guess it is a good rule. But in the real world of auto paint that whole thing is nonsense.

If you want to paint your motorcycle parts lets talk about it, but don't follow the goofy cheesecake directions at Duplicolor.

You could sand and paint them right over that finish they have very easily. It will be a great base for a paint job. In a nut shell you would sand that with 600, base it then clear it with a matt clear.

Brian