Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting questions
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Painting questions

A little info first. My son and I have been working on his 1st truck. We have done all the rust repair, bodywork, shaved his door handles, tailgate latch and have sanded several areas down to metal. We are going to spray bare metal areas with epoxy primer and then spray with 2k high build primer.
1) Can we shoot the epoxy first then wait for it to dry about 20-30 minutes without sanding and then shoot the 2k primer?
2) After we spray the 2k primer (approx. 2-3 coats) how long can we wait before we need to spray the base coat? What is the max time we can wait? I would like to get the cab, fenders, and hood primered and ready for base coat. Just dont have enough time to complete all painting at one time.
3) Is it necessary to open up the 2k primer by scuffing it before we spray the base coat or is that with just epoxy? We are planning on sanding the 2k before we spray the base coat. Do we have to wet sand it or just block it dry?

Thanks for any info